Launceston City Council are calling for feedback for the second stage of their City Heart Project.
The first stage of the Launceston City Heart Project involved an award-winning public consultation process which sought to understand how Launceston residents wanted to see their CBD developing in the future.
Further consultation work was undertaken as part of the Tomorrow Together community engagement program, including an 'Open Streets' public event in the CBD exploring mobility and accessibility in late 2019.
The second stage of the project will have a specific focus on the section of Paterson Street between Charles and George Streets, and the section of St John Street between Paterson and York Streets.
The Council is redesigning these streets with the aim of making them more vibrant, accessible and pedestrian friendly — including contemporary public infrastructure like street furniture, dynamic lighting, more greenery, and improved connectivity.
Online consultation will open next week on Your Voice Your Launceston and close on September 10.
• Saturday, August 14 11am to 2pm, Brisbane St Mall (St John St end)
• Wednesday, August 18 10am to 1pm, Civic Square (between State Library & St Andrew's Presbyterian Church)
• Friday, August 20 - 1pm to 4pm, Quadrant Mall (St John St end)
• Tuesday, August 24 - 10am to 1pm, Brisbane St Mall (St John St end)
• Thursday, August 26 - 1pm to 4pm, Quadrant Mall (St John St end)